Lappset Group Ltd observes the principles and practices of good corporate citizenship, which are based on the ISO 26000 standard’s guidelines on economic, social and environmental
responsibility. It is important to note that the ISO 26000 standard does not come with certification the same way as the ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 quality and environmental management standards.
For Lappset Group Ltd, good corporate citizenship means complying with laws, regulations and international conventions and recommendations as well as framework agreements with trade unions and the company’s own procedural guidelines.
The core areas of responsibility are good corporate governance, human rights, labour market rules, environmental friendliness, fair operating models, consumer rights (such as product safety) and involving the local community and promoting its development.
We're committed to being a good corporate citizen
- We contribute to the development of society and support the well-being of people of different ages by creating products and solutions that encourage play, physical activity and social interaction.
- Our mission is to promote the well-being of people of all ages. Several of our products also factor in the needs of people with various kinds of disabilities (Design for All, Inclusive Design).
- We are a family business committed to a northern operating environment. Our focus is on the long term, which helps to build well-being in our community.
From people to people
- We respect human rights.
- We do not accept the use of child labour or forced labour in any form either in our own business or by anyone in our supply chain.
- We respect the working hours and labour laws and regulations of each country.
- We ensure the occupational safety of our personnel in accordance with occupational safety and health legislation and the Group’s OSH policy.
- We monitor occupational safety in our production facilities on a daily basis with the help of the Green Cross monitoring and measuring system.
- We have an incentive scheme that covers all personnel groups.
Collaboration is the key
- We expect our most notable suppliers to commit to the ISO 26000 social responsibility recommendations (see below).
- We engage in many different forms of cooperation with universities and other educational institutions, including research, dissertations, lectures, traineeships, visits and tours as well as various collaborative projects relating to product development and service design. We also host an annual local planning competition in cooperation with our customers and grant scholarships to the best master’s thesis on landscape architecture each year.
- We contribute to regional development in collaboration with local, regional and national partners through various organisations.
- We collaborate with Finnish associations that promote the well-being of children and young people, such as Valo ry and WAU ry.
Financial stability creates the foundation for the development of the company’s business, products and services as well as investments and growth.
- Lappset’s financial management is based on national and international laws, decrees and other regulations/recommendations.
- Lappset is a financially stable company with the highest AAA credit rating, and it is classified as one of the most trustworthy Finnish businesses (low risk rating).
- Lappset follows the principles of good corporate governance.